07 Nov The Complete Works of Vivekananda
This is the seventh volume of the collection of the books, lectures, letters, and poetry of Swami Vivekananda. For the first time in history, as has been said elsewhere, Hinduism itself forms here the subject of generalisation of a Hindu mind of the highest order. For ages to come the Hindu man who would verify, the Hindu mother who would teach her children, what was the faith of their ancestors will turn to the pages of these books for assurance and light. Long after the English language has disappeared from India, the gift that has here been made, through that language, to the world, will remain and bear its fruit in East and West alike. What Hinduism had needed, was the organising and consolidating of its own idea. What the world had needed was a faith that had no fear of truth. Both these are found here. Nor could any greater proof have been given of the eternal vigour of the Sanâtana Dharma, of the fact that India is as great in the present as ever in the past, than this rise of the individual who, at the critical moment, gathers up and voices the communal consciousness. — Sister Nivedita.
- Inspired Talks (1895)
- 44 talks
- Conversations and Dialogues
- – From the Dairy of a Disciple (Shri Sharat Chandra Chakravarty)
- – Shri Priya Nath Sinha
- – Miscellaneous
- Translation of Writings
- Note, Memoirs of European Travel I, Memoirs of European Travel II, Addenda
- Notes of Class Talks and Lectures
- – Notes of Class Talks: On Art, On Music, On Mantra and Mantra-Chaitanya, On Conceptions of Godhead, On Food, On Sanyasa and Family Life, On questioning the Competency of the Guru, Shri Ramakrishna: The significance of His Life and Teachings, On Shri Ramakrishna and His Views, Shri Ramakrishna: The Nation’s Ideal
- – Notes of Lectures: Mercenaries in Religion, The Destiny of Man, Reincarnation, Comparative Theology, Buddhism, The Religion of the Light of Asia, The Science of Yoga
- Epistles – Third Series
- 53 letters
7.5 x 9.25 in
Paperback: 9781788944533, 9781788941907
Price (suggested, in USD)
An account of the inner heart and core of the task that Sri Aurobindo and The Mother place...
Tales and Legends of India aims to provide the modern reader with a glimpse of the fascina...
Auroville, 1968, an elderly woman who had not left her room for a long time invites young ...
Over 300 lectures, discourses, conversation and dialogues, interviews as well as lecture n...
In this monumental volume, not only can one follow Vivekananda around the world, from Indi...
Vivekananda’s guide to the Spiritual Paths and practitioner’s guide to the four spirit...