The Discovery Publisher Internship Program participants will have an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of book publishing through speaker presentations, mentoring relationships and networking opportunities.
Interns are placed within specific imprints or divisions based on interest, experience, academic coursework, and the Discovery Publisher business needs. Past assignments have typically been within editorial, marketing, translation and publicity departments.
Interns will both shadow and work alongside publishing professionals. They will also attend meetings and events and participate in weekly lunch and learn programs designed specifically for the intern class.
Each year will have multiple programs. The session are 30 hours a week.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application below.
- Attach your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include area of interest (department and division). All resumes must be attached to the online application in order to be considered. Resumes that are mailed or e-mailed will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not contact Discovery Publisher regarding the status of your application.
- Must be currently enrolled undergraduates (Juniors and Seniors preferred) or graduate students while in the program
- Must submit an application with cover letter through the Discovery Publisher career site at: https://www.discoverypublisher.com/career/internship/apply/
Required experience and skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for books and an eagerness to tell us about it
- A great attitude and desire to learn
- Resumes without cover letters will not be considered
We visit colleges and universities throughout the calendar year. Become a fan of the Discovery Publisher Facebook page to view our recruiting calendar and see when we’ll be near you!
Important Note: The internship program is designed as an educational experience for qualified students and does not constitute an offer or contract of employment. Company employee benefits, including but not limited to vacation, sick days, bonus or health and welfare plans, are not available to participants in the internship program.