Congratulations! Submitting your manuscript is the culmination of your hard work, and a huge step towards having the published book in your hands.
Your manuscript and any supporting material (solutions manual, test bank, website etc.) should be submitted in electronic format. There is no need to submit a hard copy unless your project editor advises you to do so.
If your manuscript contains special characters, equations or any precise formatting that needs to be retained, please submit a PDF of your manuscript for reference in addition to an editable version.
Your project editor will advise you as to the appropriate method of submission. Possible methods include, but are not limited to:
- Email: Please advise your project editor of the specific files you plan to send so that he/she can confirm receipt.
- Discovery Publisher’s ftp site: Your project editor will confirm the specific link to use.
- An ftp server of your choosing: Please include address, username and password details.
- Mailing your project: your project editor will confirm the specific steps.
Before you submit, take one last look and ensure you’ve included:
- The final version of all chapters, saved under an appropriate name and with any tracked changes accepted.
- The names of all main authors and co-authors with complete postal address, including street name and email address. For edited volumes, please supply (at a minimum) an email address for the corresponding author of each chapter.
- Final version of each image file.
- A full Table of Contents and any preliminary material (e.g. Dedication, Acknowledgements, Contributors, List of Abbreviations, Foreword, Preface) you’d like to add.
- A complete set of permission grants, labeled clearly.
- Unless otherwise advised, abstracts and keywords for each chapter for inclusion in the online version of your book.
A few necessary facts
- Formatting choices are up to you. If we can read it, you can submit it.
- There is no need to submit to a specific editor. If a specific editor has requested your manuscript, please let us know and we’ll get it to them.
- You should receive an answer either way in about a month.
- You do not need an agent.
SUBMIT YOUR MANUSCRIPT