06 Nov The Complete Works of Vivekananda
This is the sixth volume of the collection of the books, lectures, letters, and poetry of Swami Vivekananda. For the first time in history, as has been said elsewhere, Hinduism itself forms here the subject of generalisation of a Hindu mind of the highest order. For ages to come the Hindu man who would verify, the Hindu mother who would teach her children, what was the faith of their ancestors will turn to the pages of these books for assurance and light. Long after the English language has disappeared from India, the gift that has here been made, through that language, to the world, will remain and bear its fruit in East and West alike. What Hinduism had needed, was the organising and consolidating of its own idea. What the world had needed was a faith that had no fear of truth. Both these are found here. Nor could any greater proof have been given of the eternal vigour of the Sanâtana Dharma, of the fact that India is as great in the present as ever in the past, than this rise of the individual who, at the critical moment, gathers up and voices the communal consciousness. — Sister Nivedita.
- Lectures and Discourses: The Methods and Purpose of Religion, The Nature of the Soul and its Goal, The Importance of Psychology, Nature and Man, Concentration and Breathing, Introduction to Jnana-Yoga, The Vedanta Philosophy and Christianity, Worshipper and Worshipped, Formal Worship, Divine Love.
- Notes of Class Talks and Lectures
- Religion and Science, Religion is Realisation, Religion is Self-abnegation, Unselfish Work is True Renunciation, Freedom of the Self, Notes on Vedanta, Hindu and Greek, Thoughts on the Vedas and Upanishads, On Raja-Yoga, On Bhakti-Yoga, On Jnana-Yoga, The Reality and Shadow, How to Become Free, Soul and God, The Goal, On Proof of Religion, The Design Theory, Spirit and Nature, The Practice of Religion, Fragmentary Notes on the Ramayana, Notes taken down in Madras, 1892-93, Concentration, The Power of the Mind, Lessons on Raja-Yoga, Lessons on Bhakti-Yoga, Mother-worship, Narada-Bhakti-Sutras.
- Writings: Prose and Poems
- Historical Evolution of India, The Story of the Boy Gopala, My Play is Done, The Cup, A Benediction, The Hymn of Creation, On the Sea’s Bosom, Hinduism and Shri Ramakrishna, The Bengali Language, Matter for Serious Thought, Shiva’s Demon.
- Epistles – Second Series
- 168 letters
- Conversations and Dialogues (From the Diary of a Disciple): I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII
7.5 x 9.25 in
Paperback: 9781788944526, 9781788941891
Price (suggested, in USD)
An account of the inner heart and core of the task that Sri Aurobindo and The Mother place...
Tales and Legends of India aims to provide the modern reader with a glimpse of the fascina...
Auroville, 1968, an elderly woman who had not left her room for a long time invites young ...
Over 300 lectures, discourses, conversation and dialogues, interviews as well as lecture n...
In this monumental volume, not only can one follow Vivekananda around the world, from Indi...
Vivekananda’s guide to the Spiritual Paths and practitioner’s guide to the four spirit...